GRAPHIC DESIGNER // Full-Time/Part-Time/Freelancce
The Graphic Designer role requires an enhanced level of conceptualization, critical thinking and resourcefulness to go beyond delivering tactical results for BlackOut Design and its clients.
The Graphic Designer will be expected to perform with limited supervision, while maintaining the highest levels of quality control and adhering to deadlines.
- Delivers creative solutions for traditional print and digital applications
- Sets the tone and direction of creative projects
- Is adept at managing the printing process including vendor recommendations, quoting, press checks and final delivery of quality printed materials to client
- Completes quality assurance steps and testing as activities pertain to digital and traditional deliverables
- Creates and maintains files for all creative assets and resources, such as software, art materials, and special fonts, which are needed for record keeping and referencing
- Selects and purchases stock imagery as needed
- Works collaboratively with the team to problem solve and deliver high quality design solutions
- Provides mentorship and creative direction to junior design team members
- Assesses workload in order to manage time and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively with little supervision
- Utilizes project management and hours reporting tools as required by organization
- Takes direction well and is able to collaborate with or execute on others’ ideas
- Presents design concepts and campaigns to clients in a professional and courteous manner
As Graphic Designer, one must possess:
- Expertise working with Adobe Creative Cloud – a primary focus/proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience designing for web preferred
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong design sense and typographic skills
- High attention to detail
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to accept critical feedback and develop alternative design solutions
- Strong design portfolio – please submit no more than 6 pieces for consideration
- Agency experience a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field preferred
*No calls, please. We will review all applications and contact qualified candidates accordingly.
Want to Join Our Team? Apply Below!